Welcome to Faith in Action Merton Homelessness Project (
Every Wednesday and Friday throughout the year, Merton Faith in Action runs the Merton Homeless Drop-in with the help of volunteers. On average about 65 homeless and vulnerably housed people attend each session. These are mainly men, and a few women, for whom little other help is available. About half of them are sleeping rough.
As well as a warm and friendly welcome they can get a high-quality hot lunch, internet access and help with filling in
Venue: the Merton Homeless Drop-In takes place at the Salvation Army Hall, 109 Kingston Road, London SW19 1LT.
Resources: Here are a variety of resources providing information about the work of the Drop-In.
We are a charity and rely on your support to maintain this essential work. Please help.
Support the ‘Square Meal Appeal’ every month.
- £5 pays for two Square Meals
- £10 pays for razors for two weeks to enable service users to shower and shave
- £17 pays the cost of one average service user’s day at the Drop-In
- £30 pays for two new, warm sleeping bags which we give out to those rough sleeping
- £50 pays for a month’s worth of the warm socks and underclothes our service users need
- £100 pays for a UK passport, providing ID needed for job applications.
Donate supplies We can receive donations when the Drop-In is open, Wednesdays and Fridays
>> Download FiA useful donations.
Faith in Action on Twitter
See Twitter for the latest from the Merton Homeless Drop-In.
Video produced by media students at Brooklands College, Weybridge
This 4-minute film tells the story of Ryan, a homeless young man who visits the Faith in Action Merton Homeless Drop-In. Click on the video below.