The Homeless Drop-in
The Faith in Action Homeless Drop-in Centre is open every Wednesday and Friday 10am to 3pm, at the Salvation Army Hall, 109 Kingston Road, London SW19 1LT.
Who is the Drop-in for?
Faith in Action’s Homeless Drop-in is normally open every Wednesday and Friday at the Salvation Army Hall, 109 Kingston Road, Wimbledon SW19. Unfortunately, at present we are only open to pre-arranged appointments due to government Covid-19 restrictions. Our professional staff team, supported by more than 50 enthusiastic volunteers, welcome street sleepers and vulnerably-housed people from Merton and neighbouring boroughs. We offer:
- Breakfast, hot drinks,snacks and a home-cooked lunch
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Clothes and food parcels
- Internet access
- Assistance with, and advice on, online job and housing applications and Universal Credit benefit claims
- Help in the search for work: assistance with writing CVs, job searches and interview practice.
- Help with access to local statutory and voluntary services such as Community Drug & Alcohol teams, Street Link, Merton Council housing services and the Merton Winter Night Shelter.
Ian’s story To get a flavour of what FiA means to our service-users, read what Ian has written.
Salvation Army Hall
109 Kingston Road
London SW19 1LT.
We are a short walk from South Wimbledon tube station and the Wimbledon-Croydon Tramlink Merton Park tram stop. Bus routes 152, 131 and 57. Click here for a map
How accessible are the Drop-in premises?
We have full wheelchair access and there is an adapted shower and toilet.
What area does the Homeless Drop-In serve?
London Borough of Merton (Mitcham, Morden, Raynes Park and Wimbledon) and the surrounding areas.